Biomedical Signal Processing Lab
|Lab In Charge||Ms. Arathy M|
|Lab Assistant||Ms. Nimitha P M|
In the Biomedical Signal processing lab, students implement the concepts of signal processing using MATLAB/OCTAVE and also familiarize the fundamentals of computer programming.Students utilize this lab for working on their projects, Seminars and also for Research activities. The lab contains 30 Computers with 24 X 7 Internet facility.The Functiong Labs include Computer Programming Lab and Biomedical Signal Processing Lab.
- To familiarize students with basic hardware and software tools
- To get equipped with programming skills in C++ and understand its importance in research aspects.
- To make aware of the considerations to be taken during acquisition and analysis of biosignals .
- To have hands on experience on processing of offline data using MATLAB,QT Octave.
- Practical exposure to a basic programming platform to design computer programs for problems using modular and interactive design approaches.
- Get Hands on experience on classification of various bio signals feature extraction, and also address the issues during biosignal acquisition and processing.
|Lab In Charge||Mr. Jis Paul|
|Lab Assistant||Mrs. Millia Vincent|
Engineering projects involve creative problem solving, not hypothesis testing. Each engineering design, software application or device project should have a clear engineering goal.
Biomedical project lab, is provided with resources to learn and design projects on the latest technology. This laboratory consists of sixteen dedicated computer systems with faster internet access facility for providing the students with greater opportunities to hone their talents and knowledge- skills, helping them to remain updated on emerging trends and technologies. Project work taken up by students will earn them academic credits during their engineering course.
Students’ project design can be implemented by utilizing the niche technologies available in lab. To make lab work exciting, licensed softwares like MATLAB, LABVIEW and many open source softwares are made available in the centre. Electronic equipments like digital storage oscilloscope(DSO),function generator, programmable function generators,multiple power supplies, and digital multimeters,soldering stations and many more are provided. Students are also provided with a COMPONENT BANK with active and passive electronic components, microprocessors, arduino boards, PIC embedded boards, actuators , transformers and motors to make their design and concept a reality .Other additional tools in our lab are Analog and digital IC tester, Photo contact printer, Universal programmer which supports a variety of models of 51 series of microcontroller, AVR microcontroller, 54/74 series IC function tests, PCB driller and LCR meters
PROJECT ACHIEVEMENTS AND FUNDINGS (2017-2018)
|Robotic Mobilization Aid For Partially Paralysed Individuals||WINNER-National Level Technical Project Competition and Exhibition -SRISHTI 20182 LAKH for prototyping under IDEA GRANTINNOVATE KSCSTE – 2018 funded Rs. 25,000|
|Non invasive Fish Freshness Sorter||WINNER-National Level Technical Project Competition and Exhibition- SRISHTI 2018|
|Assistive bed frame for sanitation of paralysed patients||2 LAKH for prototyping under IDEA GRANT|
|Auto clean Automated Reprocessing of Dialyzer Filter||IEDC- Idea Day grant of Kerala Start Up Mission – Rs.55,000/-|
|DYNAMIC SPINE ANALYSIS SYSTEM||RS. 20000 at innovate scheme by KSCSTE|
Medical Embedded Computing & Virtual Instrumentation Lab
|Lab In Charge||Ms. Lavina Joseph|
|Lab Assistant||Mrs. Millia Vincent|
Medical Embedded Computing & Virtual Instrumentation Lab facilitates a inclusive amount of embedded technology for the students with most recent hardware and software solutions. Our computers are equipped with multi functionalities like high end softwares, wifi connectivity and multiple data transfer options.Softwares include NI LABVIEW 8.5 , 8.6 , PCB design softwares, Xilinux, Model SIM. Ni LABVIEW package contains the following modules:
- Control and simulation module
- Measurement and instrumentation
- Express labview
- NI ELVIS ii hardware drivers ( Ni DAQ mx 8.5 drivers,Ni DAQ mx 8.8drivers)
- NI labview signal express
- NI sound and vibration
The NI Educational Laboratory Virtual Instrumentation Suite (NI ELVIS) in our lab, gives a modular teaching platform to build the right lab experience for our course.A wide range of processors and its peripherals are available in our lab which includes:
- 8086 microprocessor trainer kit
- 8085 microprocessor trainer kit
- 8051 microcontroller trainer kit
and interfaces like Stepper motor controller card , Dual DAC 0800 Module , ADC 0809 Module. Using these students would be able to do all sorts of microprocessor programming and study interfacing different components to the processor.Lab is equipped with digital IC trainer kits , by which students would be able to design all digital circuits and implement digital systems for their projects. ARM 9 processor in our lab could provide students in-depth knowledge in software written using either the asymmetric or symmetric paradigms.
- To provide experience on design, testing, and analysis of digital electronic circuits.
- To train the students with assembly language programming and hardware design using microprocessors and microcontrollers.
- To familiarize students with advanced microcontrollers and virtual instruments which are now commonly applied for engineering practice.
- Design and implement combinational circuits
- Design and implement sequential circuits
- Get familiarized with the TTL logic family.
- Able to design and implement microprocessor and microcontroller based systems.
- Able to understand the application of these devices and thus helps them to do multidisciplinary projects using the same.
- IC 233 LOGIC CIRCUITS LAB
- BM 333 MICROPROCESSORS AND MICROCONTROLLERS LAB
- BM 334 ADVANCED MICROCONTROLLERS AND VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTATION LAB
Biomedical Clinical Instrumentation Lab
|Lab In Charge||Ms.Sony N S|
|Lab Assistant||Ms. Nimitha P M|
Biomedical equipment lab is having the facility to do the experiments of Electronics circuits which are essential part of signal acquisition and processing stages of medical Instruments and also have Medical Instruments which enable to study operations of Diagnostic and the Therapeutic equipments. For hands own experiments in trouble shooting, calibration and repairing of medical equipments the lab is facilitated with used medical equipments.
Medical Electronics Lab
|Lab In Charge||Ms. Reshma Jose|
|Lab Assistant||Mr. Abhilash C M|
Medical Electronics Laboratory emphasize on teaching and learning process and research. Based on the curriculum we are providing boot camp for students to train them for familiarizing and studying various Biomedical Instrumentation and their respective circuits such as Respiration meter, Instrumentation amplifier, LVDT, strain gauge, AD590 temperature sensor, Thermistor /RTD, Pacemaker/heart rate meter, FM telemetry, optocoupler, Voltage to frequency converter, frequency to voltage converter,Astable/monostable multivibrator,Phase locked loop ECG simulator etc. We also train the students for basic electronics lab by familiarization of testing and measuring instruments, characteristics of Zener and other diodes, clipping ,clamping circuits, half and full wave rectifiers, Frequency responses of LPF,HPF,BPF , Power amplifiers, characteristics of CB,CE,CC configurations, UJT etc.
- To familiarize students with the design of electronic circuits using passive and active components and make them understand the capabilities and applications of such circuits.
- To get the students familiarized with the Integrated Circuits and to learn to design, set up and analyze circuits using active devices, op-amps and other ICs.
- To design & set up op-amp based circuits used in biomedical instruments.
- To design and set up circuits using biomedical transducers.
- To familiarize with basic biomedical instruments.
Expected outcome of the Lab
- Test components and to learn the characteristics of Si & Ge diodes, zener diode, LED, BJT and FET
- Learn to design and analyze circuits of rectifiers, filters, regulators and power supplies
- Set up biasing circuits for BJT and FET to fix the Q-point and also the amplifier circuits
- Design, analyze and find the applications of simple circuits using active components
- Understand the design of basic electronic circuits using a combination of passive and active components
- Familiarize with basic electronic circuits using op amps