Internal Exam Cell
The College Academic Calendar indicates the tentative examination schedule for internal examination. Exact schedules are fixed by the IQAC according to the university academic calendar and are conveyed to the staff and students through circulars.
For each subject, the respective faculty member prepares a question paper on the basis of the curriculum. Questions are formed such that they adhere to KTU standards and follow Bloom’s Taxonomy. The Question Paper Scrutiny Committee is formed comprising of the Head of the Department and senior faculties as scrutinizers to check for the quality of the question paper
The next process involves sending the soft copies of the scrutinized question papers to the examination cell three days prior to the commencement of the examination. The examination cell arranges for sufficient number of question paper copies before the examination.
A schedule for invigilation duty is prepared by the Exam Cell. The assigned faculty should perform the invigilation duty as per the norms and schedule.
After exams, papers are collected by the invigilators and handed over to the Exam Cell
along with attendance report. Exam Cell hands over the answer sheets to the
corresponding department through Examination Co-ordinators within one day.
Hall arrangements and seating arrangements are prepared by the Exam Cell. The retest,
if required will be conducted by the department.
In the beginning of each semester examination cell prepare the stationary requirements like papers, gadgets, tonners etc. and forward this to the administration wing. All the items are provided after the approvals from higher authorities.
Important instructions to the candidates
- The candidates should occupy their allotted seats in the examination Hall at least ten minutes before the commencement of the examination.
- The candidates presenting themselves more than 30 minutes after the commencement of examination will not be admitted to the examination hall.
- The candidates who are suffering from infectious diseases of any kind will not be admitted for the examination.
- The candidate should bring the hall ticket to the examination hall on each day of examination. The candidate should also invariably bring any one of the photo affixed identity cards such as a college ID card or any other valid ID card to confirm his/her identity.
- The candidates should read and follow the instructions given in the hall ticket and answer book carefully.
- The candidates are prohibited from writing on their hall tickets/ question papers. They are also prohibited from revealing identity in any form in the answer scripts and appealing for favourable consideration or mercy or mention statements offering money to evaluators on any part of the answer scripts.
- No electronic gadgets, including mobile phones, tablets, iPads, electronic watches, programmable calculator, headset, earphones etc. are allowed in the examination hall.
- The candidate is prohibited from bringing to the examination hall, any book or portions of the book, printed or manuscript and from communicating with any other candidates or any person outside the examination hall.
- The candidates should bring their own IS codes/Data Book /Tables/Hand Book permitted by University, which is necessary for any particular examination and should not have any written material or additional sheets or scribbling in them.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall within one hour of commencing the examination and no candidate(s) will be allowed to return once he/she leaves the examination hall.
- The candidate should return the question paper to the invigilator if he/she leaves the hall before the last half an hour of the stipulated period of examination.
- Any candidate found violating any of the rules in the conduct of examination will be sent out of the hall immediately.
- Resorting to malpractice will invite punitive measures as per University rules.
- The candidates should hand over the answer book to the invigilator on completion of the Examination and should not leave the hall, leaving the answer book in their seats