Our online magazine was released on 12th August, 2020. Click here to view it.
“Not Me, But You”
The programme aims to instill the idea of social welfare in students, and to provide service to society without bias. NSS volunteers work to ensure that everyone who is needy gets help to enhance their standard of living and lead a life of dignity. In doing so, volunteers learn from people in villages how to lead a good life despite a scarcity of resources. it also provides help in natural and man-made disasters by providing food, clothing and first aid to the disaster’s victims.
The NSS Unit was started in our college in the year 2005. “Serving Humanity with Pride “is the motto. The overall objective of the scheme is educational and service to the community. The NSS scheme is aimed at developing the overall personality of the students in such a way so that the students emerge as responsible individuals encompassing the virtues of life. The various program conducted by the NSS have brought about a remarkable change in their outlook and their attitude towards life and society.
- Organ and Blood Donation Camp
- Tree Plantation and Visit to Orphanages
- Seminars on Cyber Crime, World AIDS Day and Road Safety.
- Campus Cleaning
- Celebration of important days like NSS day, Gandhi Jayanti, Teacher’s Day,etc
- Various cultural activities aiming at personality development of students like Poster and Essay writing competitions
- Fund raising programs to help the needy and disabled community
NSS ORGANIZATION CHART
There are two types of activities: Regular Activities(120 hours) and Annual Special Camp(120 hours). All the NSS Volunteers who have served NSS for at least 2 years and have performed 240 hours of work under NSS are entitled to a certificate from the university under the signature of the Vice-Chancellor and the Programme Coordinator. The Annual camps are known as Special Camps. Camps are held annually, funded by the government of India, and are usually located in a rural village or a city suburb. Volunteers may be involved in such activities as:
- Stage shows or a procession creating awareness of such issues as social problems, education and cleanliness
- Awareness Rallies
- Inviting doctors for health camps
There are no predefined or preassigned tasks; it is left up to the volunteers to provide service in any way that is feasible. Camps typically last between a week and 10 days, although camps for shorter periods are also conducted by NSS.