PROGRESSIVE ASSOCIATION OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
To gain progress through a high standard quality education by keeping pace with new challenges in the field of Civil Engineering
To create dynamic professionals with their enthusiasm and creativity unleashed for creating better solutions and to make life on this earth worth living through various activities
- A four-day GIS survey workshop was conducted on 17th, 18th & 19th of February 2020 by Zeitnah Institute of survey for the 6th semester students (2017 admission)
- Conducted one day class on “Use of Softwares in Civil Engineering” by Mr. Viju Antony of ‘BIMIT’, Irinjalakuda for the 3rd, 5th and 7th semester civil engineering students on 27th September 2017.
- Conducted 2 day workshop on REVIT Architecture by Mr.Antony from ‘TSQUARE ACADEMY’, Irinjalakuda for the seventh semester civil engineering students on 15th and 16th September 2017.
- Five day workshop- Training in REVIT software for 2012 CE batch students by Mr. Viju Antony on 6,7,8,9, 10-07-2015
- One-Day Technical Workshop On ‘Modern Trends In Construction’ was taken by Mr. Anthony Valiaveetil, FIE and a consultant in Singapore based company and was conducted under Institution of Engineers (India) sponsorship
- Conducted a workshop on Building Information Modelling (BIM) Software and its opportunities in Civil Engineering on 25th February 2015 for the sixth semester students.
- Webinar on ‘An introduction to Earthquake Engineering’ was conducted for 7 th semester students (2017 batch) on 30/10/2020 from 2 pm – 3 pm. The speaker was Dr. Reshmi Sebastian, IIT Ropar
- Webinar on ‘Vaastu for construction’ was conducted for 7 th and 5 th semester students (2017 and 2018 batch) on 17/10/2020 from 1.30pm – 2.30 pm. The speaker was Mr. Vishnudas, Vaastu consultant and Building designer, BRICS
- Webinar on ‘Career Opportunities for Civil Engineers’ was conducted for 5 th semester, 7 th semester and outgoing batch students (2018, 2017 and 2016 batch) on 19/8/2020 from 11 am – 12.30 pm. The speaker was Ms. Aarya K R, Manager, Corporate Relations, Civilianz
- Webinar on ‘Scope of Civil Engineering’ was conducted for third semester students (2019 batch) and plus two students from various schools on 17/8/2020 from 11 am – 12.30 pm. The speaker was Ms. Aarya K R, Manager, Corporate Relations, Civilianz
- A talk on ‘Green building‘ was offered to the fifth semester students (2017 batch) on 04/10/2019 from 2 pm to 5 pm. The speaker was Mr. Sreejith, Architect and Entrepreneur, C Earth Pvt Ltd. Thrissur.
- A technical talk on ‘Kerala building rules‘ was offered to the third semester students (2018 batch) on 27/09/2019 from 3pm to 5 pm. The speaker was Mr. Pradeep, Assistant Town planner, Thrissur Urban development corporation.A demonstration class on virtual reality in civil engineering was held on 31/08/2019 from 10 am to 12 pm for the seventh semester students (2016 batch) by a team headed by Mr. Vidyaraj, Cadclass, Thrissur
- Seminar on Kerala building rules was conducted for the second and final year students by Er. Sekhar, Assistant Executive Engineer, Kerala PWD
- Conducted a Technical Talk on 16th and 17th February 2018 for S6 and S8 Civil Engineering students on “Earthquake Resistant Structures” by Dr. T. P. Somasundaran, Retired Professor of Civil Engineering, NIT Calicut and Adjunct Professor of Civil Engineering, SCET and Academic Council member, SCET.
- Conducted Technical Talk on 20th January 2018 for S4 and S6 Civil Engineering students on “New Generation Concrete” by Mr. Thomas John, Head of Department, Civil Engineering, Maharaj’s Technical Institution, Thrissur.
- A Class on ‘Reinforcing Steel‘ for S5 CE was conducted on 04-11-2016 by Mr.Akhilraj, Technical Consultant, METCON STEEL
- A Class on ‘Entrepreneurship‘ for S7 and S5 CE students was conducted on 22/09/2016 by Er.S Gireesh, General Manager, Right Edge , Cochin
- A Class on ‘Water Security & Ground Water Recharge’ was conducted on 18/8/2016 for all students by Retired Er. Narendradev , Chairman, OISCA International Kerala Chapter ,Former Chief Engineer KWA, Former Project Director, Jalanidhi
- A demonstration class on virtual reality in civil engineering was held on 31/08/2019 from 10 am to 12 pm for the seventh semester students (2016 batch) by a team headed by Mr. Vidyaraj, Cadclass, Thrissur
- A Technical talk for fifth semester students was given by Shri. C S Menon, Architect was conducted on October 8 2015.
- Technical Talk on ‘Practical aspects on Foundation Construction‘ on 07-10-2015 in connection with Tech fest
- A Technical Talk on architecture was conducted on 8th August 2015. The Resource person was Architect C S Menon
- Class on ‘Pile foundation‘ for 2012 batch CE students by Dr. Balan on 24-07-2015
- Class on ‘Petrology and Mineralogy‘ for 2014 CE batch students by G . Gopalakrishnan on 29-06-2015 & 30-06-2015.
- Conducted a half day class on ‘Kerala Building rules‘ by Er. N.I. Varghese for the fifth semester civil engineering students on the 10th of July 2014.
- Technical talk on ‘Cost Effective Construction‘ on 15th February 2014 by Prof. Lakshmanam Nair, Reitired professor from GEC Thrissur.
- Conducted two technical talks on 16th and 17th of October as a part of technical fest Palmarius’14. On 16thMr. Cyriac Davies, Managing Director of KITCO and on 17thMr. K.A. Padmakumar, Mr. George John and Mr. C. Sreeranj Manging Directors of Forus Initiatives, Mulberry Homes and Vishraam Builders respectively addressed third and fifth semester students of department.
- A session on ‘Damp proof course‘ was given to the students of 2013 and 2014 batch by Mr. Benny of EUROBUILD
- 5 day Faculty Development program on ‘Recent Advancements in Civil Engineering-RACE2020‘ was from conducted 28/12/2020 to 01/01/2021. The participants include faculties from other institutions
- PACE conducted technical events like Contraption, Cartomania, Best Manager, Srishti and Photo Phrame in connection with Palmarius’14 on 13th and 14th .
- PACE conducted technical event on 14th September 2018 based on the topic ‘Disaster Mitigation‘ after unprecedented flood which occured in Kerala during August 2018.So the objective of the technical event was to conduct an ‘Idea contest’ which provide a platform for students to incorporate theoretical knowledge and practical experience for the betterment of society. A total of eleven teams participated and they all presented potential ideas for disaster mitigation.A team was selected for best idea worth a prize of cash reward Rs. 1000 and the runner up team won second prize worth Rs. 500.
- As part of Nature Conservation Day, the technical association of Civil Engineering, PACE conducted a technical event on 28th July 2015 from 3 P M to 5 P M in the Seminar Hall, DB.
- The Association of Civil Engineering conducted a poster making competition on Friday 20th March 2015 in association with World Water Day (celebrated on 22nd March all over the world).
- Student Association of Civil Department conducted two events “ Eternal Glory and Contraption” as a part of KETCON AND TEKON 2018
- An ADD ON course on Kerala Building Rules was given for S3,S5,S7 CE students on 27/7/2016 by Er. Pradeesh P.B, Asst. Executive Engineer LSW, Chalakudy
- An Add On class on Geology was conducted on 05/09/2016 for S3 CE students by Prof. G Gopalakrishnan, Retd Principal of University college, Trivandrum
- Conducted an Add-on course on Geology by Dr. G. Gopalakrishnan for 3rd semester civil engineering students on 9th October 2017
Industry interaction on ‘Post Covid Era- Challenges and Opportunities’ was conducted for all students on 13/11/2020 afrom 10 am – 11 pm. The speaker was Mr Mahesh L, Chief Technical Officer, Asset Homes
- Alumni interaction was conducted for the all students on 06/11/2020 from 1.30-2.30 pm. The speaker was Ms. Anjana K, Alumnus, 2013 -17 batch who is working as Senior Engineer, L&T Construction
- Alumni interaction was conducted for the seventh semester students (2017 batch) on 25/9/2020 from 1.30-2.30 pm. The speaker was Ms. Amrutha Shaji, Alumnus, 2015 -19 batch who is working as Road Engineer, Qatar Design Consortium, Qatar
- Alumni interaction was conducted for the third semester students (2019 batch) on 19/9/2020 from 1.30-2.30pm. The speaker was Ms. Riya Susan Andrew, Alumnus, 2013 – 17 batch who just completed working M Tech in Computer Aided Structural Analysis andDesign , Dept of Ship Technology, CUSAT
- Alumni interaction was conducted for the seventh semester students (2016 batch) on 20/8/2019 from 10-11 am. The speaker was Ms. Anjana K, Alumnus, 2013 -17 batch who is currently pursuing her M.Tech at the Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Madras
- Alumni interaction was conducted for the seventh semester students (2016 batch) on 26/9/2019 from 10-11 am. The speaker was Mr. Jitto George, Alumnus, 2012 -16 batch who is currently working as a Lecturer at St. Mary’s Polytechnic college, Palakkad.
- PACE Association Report 2021-22
- PACE Association Report 2020-21
- PACE Association Report 2019-20
- PACE Association Report 2018-19
- PACE Association Report 2017-18