Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Center is an institutional mechanism to create an entrepreneurial culture in Sahrdaya and the nearby places to foster the growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty, students and common people. IEDC Sahrdaya is recognized as the coordinating center of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Cluster 10 of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. Center is Awarded Exemplary performance . Award of Kerala Startup mission and Entrepreneurship Enabler Award of Government 2018 for its contribution to the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Kerala.
For more details visit IEDC official Web page
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information to budding entrepreneurs and innovators
- To create, inspire and empower a young generation of self-reliant individuals and to take them a step ahead for the development of the nation by developing an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset
- To foster the entrepreneurial culture through an incubator center and innovation promotion
- To foster better linkages between Sahrdaya, industries and R& D institutions in the region and other related organizations engaged in promoting Small & Medium Enterprises.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to Technology, Skill Development
Organizational Structure of IEDC
Nodal Officer& Coordinator: IEDC Center Head and official representative of college regarding Innovation and Entrepreneurship development as per Govt. order (Ref: GO Ms. No: 499/2012/H.Edn dt 11.10.2012)
IEDC Joint Coordinators: Team of Faculties who support IEDC Coordinator
Mentor Panel: A panel of experts who advice Nodal Officer& Coordinator. Nodal Officer can add members to mentor panel-based of expertise required to Guide the functioning of IEDC.
IEDC faculty Committee: One Faculty Representative from Each Department appointed by Principal
TBI: Technology Business Incubation Project of Sahrdaya
IEDC Facilities: Various collaborative facilities promoted by IEDC towards an innovation-friendly entrepreneurial ecosystem development at Sahrdaya.
IEDC Skill Club: various clubs promoted by IEDC for the purpose of skill development attitude among the students. These clubs are aiming to create a maker culture among the students.
Startup Bootcamp: The Government of Kerala has created the “Startup Bootcamp” Program wherein it is envisaged to create a startup ecosystem in each and every college campus through ac: ve involvement of students. Bootcamp is a student-focused program.
The Executive Committee shall undertake the day-‐to-‐day management of the Startup Bootcamp. The Executive Committee shall comprise the following roles and their responsibilities are as follows:
I. CEO – Chief Executive Officer
II. COO – Chief Operating Officer
III. CMO Chief Marketing Officer
IV. CFO- Chief Financial Officer
V.CTO – Chief Technical Officer
VI.CCO- Chief Creative Officer
VII.CSO Chief Social Officer
Additionally, the Bootcamp shall have representative Vice Presidents from each class to assist the Executive Committee.