Electronics Maestro Association for Geared Excellence – EMAGE
- To evolve as a Center of Excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering that moulds technically sound, socially responsible technocrats.
1. Provide excellent academic and practical environment that transforms students to be knowledgeable, skilled, innovative and entrepreneurial professionals.
2. Collaborate with industries around the globe to strengthen innovation and research environment
3. Practice and promote high standards of professional ethics, good discipline and social responsibility with a passion for complete excellence
EMAGE organizes various events in the department from time-to-time, which includes guest lectures, design competitions, industrial visits, technical talks, seminars and conferences. EMAGE, by its active functioning have been successful in enhancing the curricular performance of the students and is helping students and the members of the faculty to get updated with the recent trends in the industry.
1. Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering organized a four days’ FDP on “Electronic Design Automation Tools” from 12th to 15th July, 2016. The inaugural ceremony was conducted on 12thJuly in the Accenture Lab (Bioblock) at 9.30 AM. It was Presided over by Rev. Dr. Joji Palamattath, Associate Executive Director, SCET. Ms. Malini Thomas, HOD,ECE gave the welcome speech and the inaugural address was given by Prof K.T Joseph, DirectorSCET. Dr. JojiPalamattath delivered the presidential address and Ms. Malini Thomas proposed the vote of thanks.FDP covered the all topics related to EDA lab in S3 EC syllabus of KTU (ie, PSpice simulation, PCB manufacturing, Matlab and VHDL).
2. KTU Sponsored FDP on DSP & Applications was conducted during 25 – 27 July 2019.Dr.Sathidevi(Dean, NIT Calicut), Dr.MuraliKrishna (Scientist, NPOL), Dr.Rajesh M.V (Professor &;Head, ECE Dept, Model Engineering College,Cochin), Dr.Varun P Gopi (NIT Trichy)Dr.K R Joy(PG Co-ordinator, Sahrdaya) handled the sessions.
3.An FDP was organized on the topic “Principles of DSP and its implementations” on 25th and 26th of July 2017.The objective of the FDP was to expose the faculty to Digital Signal Processing environment and enable them to handle Digital Signal Processing lab in the curriculum of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala ( KTU)
4.An FDP was organized on the topic “Principles of DSP and its implementations” on 25th and 26th of July 2017. The objective of the FDP was to expose the faculty to Digital Signal Processing environment and enable them to handle Digital Signal Processing lab in the curriculum of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala ( KTU)
5. An FDP was organized on the topic “Principles of DSP and its implementations” on 25th and 26th of July 2017.The objective of the FDP was to expose the faculty to Digital Signal Processing environment and enable them to handle Digital Signal Processing lab in the curriculum of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala ( KTU)
An add on course on Arduino programming was conducted by members from company named Bitsforge Technologies pvt ltd for the fifth semester students on 29th and 30th of August 2016.
1. An alumni interaction was conducted for 2015 batch of students of ECE department on 12/8/2016 during 11-12pm. The alumni member Ms. Manju Gopinath (2008-2012 batch) addressed the students about how to utilize the opportunities provided in the college for building up a career in engineering field. She is currently working as a Support Engineering in IBS, Poland.
2. Alumni of 2015 pass out batch Clinton Davis ,( Director,Solwatt pvt. Limited) interacted with S5 ECE students on 15 th October 2019.
3. Alumni of 2017 pass out batch Mr. Richu Davis interacted with the students on 30 th August 2019.
4. Alumni of 2018 pass out batch Ms.Megha Mohan working at CTS interacted with 2017 batch students on 2 nd November 2019
5. 4.Alumni of 2017 pass out batch Mr.Manuel Johnson interacted ,Developer at TATA Elxi interacted with 2016 batch students on 17 th Jan 2020.Mr. Manuel secured a reward of 2000 US dollar from facebook for finding out a security breach in Whatsapp.He was also included in 2018 Hall opf Fame number 66.
International Conference TREnDS’16 was organized on 15th and 16th of June 2016.
As part of a road show organized by Scientech Technologies Pvt.Ltd, a one hour session was conducted on March 10th 2016 for the staff and faculties of ECE department. The session was intended to give an insight into the latest devices useful for the Communication Laboratories.
A three day add on course on Matlab was conducted for the sixth semester (2013-17 batch) students by Acharyaji Techonolgies, New Delhi on 29/02/16,01/03/0\16 and 02/03/16 for A batch and from 03/03/16 to 06/03/16 for B Batch.
15 faculties from the Department went for an Industrial visit to the Air Traffic Control Department and the Communication, Navigation and Surveillance section of Airport Authority of India located at Nedumbassery on March 2nd 2016.
1. An interaction session with industrial expert for selected students of Third year ECE was arranged on 25/01/2018. Students could gain idea on the needs and work culture of the industry through this interactive session. Mr. Arun A P from XEROX was the resource person
2. Industrial interaction by Mr.Ayyapadas ,Hardware Developer at Intel for 2017 batch on 16th Jan 2020.
3. Industrial interaction by Mr.Shidhin ,Senior Google Developer working at Namshi ,Dubai for 2017 & 2018 batch on 24th Jan 2020
4.An interactive session was arranged for S3ECA and B batch students on 30/08/2016 in the multimedia conference hall by Prof.Gin Jose, University of Leeds on the topic “importance and research and innovation”.
An invited talk was arranged for the final year ECE students by Mr. Hariprasad Nair, CEO, Gadgeon Technologies.
A placement talk was arranged for the final year ECE students on 30/03/2018. Ms. Sonu from Livewire was the resource person.
An awareness class on GATE by Vani Institution was organized for the third year students of ECE on 10/01/2018.
An in house internship on circuit design using modern tools and PCB assembly was organized for interested students on 18th and 19th of July 2017.
A 2 Day Hands-on Training in arduino Prograamming
A two day workshop on artificial inteligence is organised and conducted by the Department for the 6th semester students
An ivited talk on IoT and Data analysis is arranged for the 3dr year and 4th year students
Hardware Club Inauguration & Arduino Workshop
PCB design workshop for 2018 batch students
1. Workshop on IoT and arduino conducted by students in association with IEDC Hardware Club at Little Kites Matha H.S on 25/01/2020
2. An Internship program on basics of Robotics was organized by Hardware Club,in association with EMAGE on 10 July 2019 .55 students of 2018 admissions from various branches and lab assistants attended the same.
3. 5.On 27th and 28th Dec 2019 , a workshop on Mobile servicing and Robotics was conducted for plus 2 students from various schools by students of 2017 and 2016 batch.
Our students Austin Davis, Aathira Babu, Ashitha P S and Benhar Benny (2012-16 batch) got the first prize in a project competition held by ISTE,IE(I) and IETE –Student chapters (CASTALIA’16) held at Vidya Academy of Science and Technology April 2016 . The title of the project is “” and project is guided by Mr.Vishnu Rajan.
1. Ajesh Wilson, Harikrishnan C.P, Ansu Anto, Darshana and Chippy M Glenny of the 2012 admission batch got selected for the semifinals of P.P.Thevanoor Innovation Awards, conducted by SCMS School of Engineering and Technology, Karukutty. They won a project grant of Rs.5000/-. The project was guided by Ms. Jesin James.
2. A Student project of Mr.Arun Krishna, Ms.Smera Kurian, Ms.Angel Joshnaunder the Guideship of Dr.Gnana King shortlisted for the AICTE vishwakarma Award 2019.
Athira Ravindran, Hemilda Jose,Eby Tony and Jackson Chacko of the 2012 admission batch participated in project competition held under the Techfest organized by Abdul Kalam Technological University in association with KSCSTE and won a special prize of Rs.5000/-.
The students group from Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering got selected for idea grant of Kerala Start-up Mission and sanctioned an amount of Rs. 40000 for prototyping.
The team members are Anjana, Annmaria, Delna, Ashna and Divya Davis from S8 EC.
Their Project mentor is Dr. Vishnu Rajan (HOD), Asst. Professor, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering