- Library remain open on all working days(monday-saturday)from 8am to 7pm, on public holidays 9am to 5 pm, and on sundays 10am- 4pm
- Personal belongings except purses and few sheets of white paper are not allowed beyond the issue counter. They shall be kept at the property counter.
- Students shall maintain unbroken silence in the library. It is not the place for discussions, chatting, sleeping. Students are liable to pay compensation if they misbehave or damage books or any other property of the library.
- All Faculty members and Students must scan the barcode printed in their college ID card in the scanners provided at the entrance of the library before entering the library and also at the time of leaving.
- Students are not expected to disturb the seating arrangement in the library in any way.
- Students should not switch on the light/fan unnecessarily
- Library will not be responsible for the loss of students’ belongings from the property counter.
- Students are not supposed to keep books unnecessarily on the table.
- Circulation Policies
- Library circulation is controlled by automation software NIRMALS. Producing college ID card having Barcode and library card is necessary for issuing a document from library.
- Each student shall be provided Borrower’s Cards for taking books from the library.
- Producing student’s identity card is a must for issuing Borrower’s Cards & Books.
- In case of loss of Borrower’s card, students must report immediately to the librarian who will issue a duplicate card on payment of Rs. 25/-
- Books shall be issued to students for a fortnight. If the books are not returned on or before due dates, students have to pay an overdue charge.
- After the due date fine as shown below will be collected:
Up to 15 days after due date : Rs. 10
From 16th to 30th day : Rs. 20
From 31st to 45th day : Rs. 30
- Beyond 45 days Rs. 5 per day to be added to Rs. 30 up to the date of returning the books including holidays
- In case any book is lost or damaged by the student, the student shall replace it with a new book or shall pay the cost of replacement plus Rs. 50.00. If a book is one of the volumes of a set, the student may be asked to replace the whole set.
- On receiving books from the library, students must examine the books and report any damage found in books immediately to the librarian. If students fail to do so he/ she will be held responsible for the damage found on returning the book.
- No book will be re-issued except when presented physically.
- The books may be renewed 2 times if there is no request from others for that book.
- If students fail to pay library dues at the right time, the privilege of borrowing books will be suspended till the payment is made in full.